directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject RE: [snickers] Should we use rules like digester?
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 07:35:42 GMT
Hi,

Just wanted to add that I found a way to have super fast pattern matching
to the TLV digester.

Basically the pattern in digester is a '/' separated list of element names.
However in our digester the element stack is replaced with the TLV stack and
the element tag corresponds to the TLV's tag field.  Because of this and our
'int' encoding for Tags, the pattern really is an int[] rather than a
String.

For fast pattern matching I'm building a TagTree composed of Tag nodes.
When a rule is added like so:

void addRule( int[] pattern, Rule rule ) ;

A path is either traversed or built or both in this tree to add the rules.
As the nesting of TLV's change while decoding the BER stream, a pointer into

the tree walking it determines if rules are available to fire.  If the path
does not exist in the tree then there are no rules to fire and so on.

Here's some starter code that will eventually do this sort of thing:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/directory/snickers/trunk/ber/src
/java/org/apache/snickers/ber/digester/?root=Apache-SVN

Alex