directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject RE: [vote] Nominate Ibiblio Content Manager
Date Sat, 13 Mar 2004 20:25:09 GMT

> Hmm, then I suspect that it would be in the groupId, really, I guess if
> a project is depending on something in the incubator, then they
> themselves are probably not at release state too (and probably another
> incubator project). In which case, its probably quite acceptable that
> incubator can be in the groupId.
>
> In which case incubator dev builds would look like
>
> /www/cvs.apache.org/repository/incubator-directory/jars/<artifact>...
> /www/cvs.apache.org/repository/incubator-depot/jars/<artifactid>...
> /www/cvs.apache.org/repository/incubator-geronimo/jars/<artifact>...
> /www/cvs.apache.org/repository/incubator-axion/jars/<artifact>...
>
> We just need to make it clear that when a project Graduates, its groupId
> needs to change appropriately. When it starts doing release builds into
> /www/www.apache.org/java-repository, it needs to loose the incubator.

I like this!  So when do you think we can have this area?

Again I would love to stop using ~akarasulu for my own personal maven
repo that my build.properties in ${user.home} points maven to.  Also we
can add the second repo to the project.properties of each project in
addition to Ibiblio.

Thanks,
Alex