directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [site][all] Coding standards
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2004 17:07:32 GMT
> > I just noticed

http://incubator.apache.org/directory/community/process/code-standards.html

Here are the ones we use with James:
http://james.apache.org/code-standards.html.  Personally, I prefer that
braces be placed on separate lines as they were obviously intended to be
(;-)), but I also prefer if (cond) to if( cond ).

In any event, one thing that I see in the current guidelines is something
that I do recommend against.  There should not be @author tags, or if there
is one, it should be:

  @author <a href="mailto:directory-dev@incubator.apache.org">Apache
Directory Project</a>

We track commits via source control logs.  The only ownership/authorship for
code is the ASF.

> Let's all provide template files for use with Checkstyle and Jalopy.

If you want to enforce codestyle with tools, that's fine.  In the James
build process, we correct line endings and tabs before compiling to enforce
those guidelines.

	--- Noel