directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject [jndi] JNDI support in James server
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2004 04:00:42 GMT
Folks,

The James project in the process of merging our two major branches.  As soon
as we finish that effort, I would like to start with basic J2EE style JNDI
support in James.  Just a start, so that a Mailet can do things like:

  InitialContext iCtx = new InitialContext();
  DataSource ds = (DataSource) iCtx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/ds");
  String listName = (String) iCtx.lookup("java:comp/env/list/name");

in similar fashion to resources in Tomcat.  I would like the ability to have
both global resources and per-component (or at least classloader) resources.

This is just a first phase.  Once running, I'd like to add support for a
writeable DirContext, although I don't know what backend technologies we
have available in the near tern other than the LDAP service provider.

I'm expecting that this will involve the naming components, rather than the
LDAP server code, for the moment.  So ... anyone up for helping us to do
that?  :-)

	--- Noel