directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Account setup help
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2004 21:33:01 GMT
> What is required next to access the svn repo?
> I remember something about a list of authorized people.

You are already authorized.  That was taken care of when the account was
created.  You just need to access
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/directory/.

> Also I read somewhere that to subscribe to some of the apache mailings
> list I need to use my apache mail account.

Not AFAIK.  What had you read?  I almost never use mine.  However, your
.forward file was setup when your account was created, so you can use your
@apache address if you wish.  And it will automatically be used in a few
cases.

> For what do yo usually use the apache mail account?

Personally?  Almost nothing.  Your @apache address will automatically be
used by the source control system when posting commit notices, so the
moderator needs to make sure to allow your @apache address if you aren't
subscribed using it.

	--- Noel