directory-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [sitedocs] Deployed!
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 11:00:12 GMT

Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Nicola,
>
> Could you hook us up with an Avalon style logo for now?

You can find the logo on the ususal page:
http://cvs.apache.org/~nicolaken/whiteboard/apachelogos/

The CVS module that contains the logos and the code to make them is in
the committers module under 'apachelogos'.

If you need a new logo, or want to change some params, look at the
others for examples, change the projects.xml file accordingly, then run
'ant'.

Basically these are the infos:

     * id: directory
     * url: i n c u b a t o r
     * logo: apache
     * color: black
     * bgcolor: white
     * scale: normal

where:

     * id: [unixname]
     * url: [secondleveldomain]
     * logo: [apache|apache-jakarta|apache-resource|apache-httpd]
     * color: [fontcolor]
     * bgcolor: [backgroundcolor|$forrest|$maven]
     * scale: [small|normal|big]

The above example is like this in projects.xml:

    <project
     id="directory"
     logo="apache"
     name="Directory"
     url="i n c u b a t o r"
     bgcolor="white"
     color="black"
     scale="normal" />

In particular the Incubator Project logos are an example of some of the
possible combinations.

If you need a different logo type, you can add the xsl template to the
'logo-templates' dir and reference it by filename (minus the extension).
In alternative, ask someone that knows how to do it (ATM
nicola@apache.org) and send the SVG version of a logo template.

Hey, this is a guide! I just copied it on the site page :-)

> I hooked up the site with the incubator logo and the disclaimer by
> the way.

I saw the commits pass by, thanks :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -