directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Re: [RT] Notification pattern has interesting effects on IoC
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:19:48 GMT
> Which is cool, cuz it means yours components can be POJOs. Can you wire
> the entire system at startup and get rid of the need to support
> different component frameworks? Only the bootstrap mechanism would be
> dependant of the kernel used.

Yes exactly this was the point.  To accomodate the various people out there
that want to fit their own component framework.  The Geronimo peeps want to
embed Eve but want to use their own kernel based on JMX, we want to use Merlin,
other may want to use Plexus or Loom.  What ever they want they can use
because the system is tied together using POJOs.   All you need are wrappers
to support the framework's life cycles.

Alex