directory-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Tence <vte...@videotron.ca>
Subject Re: Re: [eve] General Strategy
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 00:15:17 GMT
On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 03:56, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Vince
>
> Thanks that's great.  I'm working those docs now.  It should
> take me some time but when I have them ready and up on the site I'll
> ask for a review.

I took a look at the site and it looks pretty, congrats! (I also love
the new maven sitedocs template, which I used for the Janus web site,
best example at maven.apache.org of course)

I skimmed through the design page of Eve, and found the introductory
section good. Maybe a link to some documents describing components and
services would be good for non initiated. I'm thinking of an
introduction along the lines of (from Avalon):

http://avalon.apache.org/framework/cop/index.html
http://avalon.apache.org/framework/cop/index.html

Other than that, it's all good.

> Also Vince have you heard about your account yet.  If not it might be
> a good idea to fax the docs again just in case if it's not a hastle.

I did a follow up with the apache secretary on friday and they received
the documents ok. I'm not sure how long is required before my account is
setup.

> I'm very anxious to get Janus setup and have a spot light for it
> right here :-):
> http://incubator.apache.org/directory/subprojects/janus

I've seen that ;-)

- Vincent