directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: AAA Licensing ... ASL without CLA or grant?
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 20:18:13 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:

> I think vince rewrote the original code base several times over.  From
> what I recall there really was not much there to AAA4Avalon but I could
> be wrong.

On December 4th, Vince wrote: "the aaaframework code is based on the
aaa4avalon code. Some of the original code will stay, some has still to be
reworked, and other bits will eventually disappear."  In so far as "some of
the original code will stay", that is my concern.  According to his most
recent note, that will no longer be the case.

> > I don't know if we have an official policy regarding external
> > projects that use the Apache Software License, in terms of
> > whether we consider that to be an implied grant.

> I thought the ASL is an implied grant to the entire community so
> long as the license is still ASL

IANAL, and that determination should be made by one so that we do have an
official policy.

	--- Noel