directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Wes McKean" <wesmck...@hotmail.com>
Subject Jump Starting Development
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 02:01:32 GMT
After being in the incubator for several months, and seeing that the vast
majority of code changes and commits are being done by Alex, I thought it
would be a good idea to begin a discussion on jump starting development on
the directory project.  Oh, before I continue, let me admit I haven't
contributed anything :-)

Here's my wish list:

1.  I would like to see the server broken up into a list of components with
the work that needs to be performed on each.  I would like to see a list of
goals for the project and website as a whole as well.
2.  I would like to see a who is working on what.
3.  I would like us all to recruit more developers.

I believe that if the tasks are laid out, people would work on what
interests them.  The goals would be measurable, and we all would know what
we could work on to fit in our schedule.  I also think this would go a long
way towards attracting new developers.

Let's face it.  Alex has been doing the majority of the coding.  However, if
he burns out and quits the project, we will lose our visionairy, and that
concerns me.

Maybe we can get some good feed back from the Apache veterans.

Le'me know what you think.

Wes McKean

http://wine.msn.com/