directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Wes McKean" <>
Subject ASN.1
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 01:42:00 GMT

I have done some research into the ASN.1 features used by the LDAP protocol,
and I believe that there is only a subset being used.  I believe most of the
functionality for sending and receiving LDAP messages can be encompassed in
8 methods.  This makes me excited, cause we can easily implement these 8
decoding/encoding methods to get the current ASN.1 stuff out of the project
and replace it with something of our own.

Jeff, I understand that you have an interest in this as well, so I would
like to touch base with you tomorrow to make sure we are both not working on
the same thing, and maybe we could colloborate on some

Let me know what you think...

BTW:  My work e-mail is down, so I don't have access to the list at the
moment, thus I'm sending this from :-)

High-speed usersóbe more efficient online with the new MSN Premium Internet

View raw message