directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Wes McKean" <wesmck...@hotmail.com>
Subject ASN.1
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 01:42:00 GMT
Hi!

I have done some research into the ASN.1 features used by the LDAP protocol,
and I believe that there is only a subset being used.  I believe most of the
functionality for sending and receiving LDAP messages can be encompassed in
8 methods.  This makes me excited, cause we can easily implement these 8
decoding/encoding methods to get the current ASN.1 stuff out of the project
and replace it with something of our own.

Jeff, I understand that you have an interest in this as well, so I would
like to touch base with you tomorrow to make sure we are both not working on
the same thing, and maybe we could colloborate on some
development/architecture.

Let me know what you think...

Wes

BTW:  My work e-mail is down, so I don't have access to the list at the
moment, thus I'm sending this from hotmail.com :-)

High-speed usersóbe more efficient online with the new MSN Premium Internet