directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: Status of the ppmc
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 05:55:22 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Alex,
>
> If I am not mistaken, a PPMC is essentially automatic for a project.  I can
> create the mailing list for the PPMC, but most things can (and should) be
> done on -dev.
>
> Nicola Ken?
>

>>Are we going to be able to vote on the status of Vincent Tence soon?
>

> Oddly, I thought that we had done that already.  For some reason, I thought
> that we were going to take advantage of SVN's fine-grained access control
> and create a www/ directory or some such for the project, and grant him
> access.  But however is fine.  Also, do we have a plan for how to prepare
> the site from the sitedocs from ldap and the xdocs from naming?

IIRC, Vince is interested in working on AAA code, not docs. I am
interested in this area and I will volunteer to review and apply patches
until we can get the vote done (assuming the PMC did not already do this).

Getting the site published is a gap that we could use some help on.  Here
again, I will help get things committed and (maybe needing some help)
deployed if others are willing to work on site design and generation.

Here is what I am working on now on naming:

0) Repackage, removing "directory" from the package names (figure out the
least painful, minimal cruft way to do this using Subversion)
1) Test framework (will commit what I have this week, with the
repackaging) and tests based on tomcat use cases
2) Complete implementation of XML config, add support for properties files
and other config sources
3) Complete xdocs

Phil