directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [ber] New additions to repo
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Wes,

As I was reading the ASN.1 book to be able to keep up in converations about
the topic I figured rather than take notes in english I'd write a function or
to for all this TLV encoding.

So what I did is create a per to the ldap and naming directories in the
svn repo called snickers.  Jeff I created a tags and truck directory for
this using svn adds on them - is this ok?  Basically this is an API that
could be used by multiple protocols not just LDAP so we're probably gonna
want to keep it isolated in its own area.

Wes, I created a 'ber' subproject in this area with two simple utility
classes for use by the BER codec.  I'm sure other projects and classes
will be added gradually as we make our way here.

Basically the code till now reads the T part of the TLV according to
the Basic Encoding Rules for the structure of a TLV.

Hope these are of use to ya.  I'll keep adding more code tonight as
I read about the BER stuff in depth.  You can use these simple bitwise
operations when you build the codec if you like.  There's no obligation :-).

Alex