directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [OT][ASN.1] Interesting quote
Date Sun, 25 Jan 2004 21:13:27 GMT
Hi,

The author of that ASN.1 Complete book, John Larmouth, made the
following comment in a section of his book when talking about ASN.1
compiler tools:

  "Paying money for a professionally-developed, supported, and robust
   tool is often more effective in the long run than use of a "freebie".
   (The main counter-argument to this is probably the Apache Web server -
   probably the most popular Web server in use today, and it is free! But
   there is an English saying 'the exception proves the rule'."

   p. 124 Section 1.1.1 last paragraph

Interesting isn't it?  I think we may have to prove him wrong again but
have the same organization provide another exception yet again.  For Apache
these exceptions should be the norm.

Alex