directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Re: Status of the ppmc
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

> From: "Phil Steitz" <phil@steitz.com>
> Date: 2004/01/13 Tue AM 12:55:22 EST
> To: "Apache Directory Developers List" <directory-dev@incubator.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Status of the ppmc
>
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > Alex,
> >
> > If I am not mistaken, a PPMC is essentially automatic for a project.  I can
> > create the mailing list for the PPMC, but most things can (and should) be
> > done on -dev.
> >
> > Nicola Ken?
> >

> >>Are we going to be able to vote on the status of Vincent Tence soon?
> >

> > Oddly, I thought that we had done that already.  For some reason, I thought
> > that we were going to take advantage of SVN's fine-grained access control
> > and create a www/ directory or some such for the project, and grant him
> > access.  But however is fine.  Also, do we have a plan for how to prepare
> > the site from the sitedocs from ldap and the xdocs from naming?
>
> IIRC, Vince is interested in working on AAA code, not docs. I am
> interested in this area and I will volunteer to review and apply patches
> until we can get the vote done (assuming the PMC did not already do this).

I NEVER MEANT VINCE IS TO DO DOCS.  There are a bunch of peeps interested
in helping out with very minimal Java experience.  Rather than turn them
away I'm asking them to look into setting up the website using the usual
tools et. cetera.  Vince is 100% for AAA and hopefully can help with the
security aspects of Eve or anything else that tickles his fancy and is
under our umbrella.  Sorry but I should have made this more clear in the
email.

> Getting the site published is a gap that we could use some help on.  Here
> again, I will help get things committed and (maybe needing some help)
> deployed if others are willing to work on site design and generation.
>
> Here is what I am working on now on naming:
>
> 0) Repackage, removing "directory" from the package names (figure out the
> least painful, minimal cruft way to do this using Subversion)
> 1) Test framework (will commit what I have this week, with the
> repackaging) and tests based on tomcat use cases
> 2) Complete implementation of XML config, add support for properties files
> and other config sources
> 3) Complete xdocs

Thanks for chiming in Phil,
Alex