directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject IANA Number Update
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 15:04:41 GMT
Hello,

Thanks to Robb, I just completed the transfer of the IANA number from
the LDAPd Group to the ASF.  The ASF IANA assigned private enterprise
number is 18060.  The enterprise number listing is published here:

http://www.iana.org/assignments/enterprise-numbers

Just do a search for 18060 and you'll find it in the webpage.
We can use this number to define ASN.1 types with our own OIDs.
I figure we can track the directory of private OID data types
here.  The directory server already uses a few off this number.

BTW, transferring the IANA private number to the ASF from the
LDAPd Group was one of the requirements within our project
proposal to exit the incubator.

Happy new year,
Alex