directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [seda] Re: SEDA
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:57:59 GMT
Quoting Alex Karasulu <aok123@bellsouth.net>:

> Tim,
>
> We absolutely intend to move forward with implementing a SEDA
> based architecture to the server.  We will not be using Matt
> Welsh's SEDA code but will implement our own based on NIO for
> non-blocking constructs to remain pure Java.

Alex,

That's really interesting!  One thing I would hope is that this implementation
could be packaged (perhaps in some sort of "commons" or "infrastructure"
release) separately, so that it could be used as the basis for any sort of
network server application.  Just as an exampe, it would be fun to experiment
putting a SEDA-like environment in front of a servlet container, and then see
who's correct about whether it's faster than a threaded implementation or not.

> >From now on I will prefix any conversations regarding SEDA
> implementation issues and problems using [seda] so people
> can keep an eye out for it.  Also you're welcome to help
> us out on these matters if you'd like to participate.
>
> Cheers,
> Alex

Craig McClanahan