directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Machols <jmach...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [status] Where are we?
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:44:41 GMT
Hi all,

For the last few weeks I have been neck deep in looking at ASN1
encoding.  Right now we are using IBM's ber library for
encoding/decoding, which is going to have to change long term.  So I
have been reading up on the protocol and seeing what it will take to
write our own ASN1 encoder/decoder, not only in Java, but also C.  This
is a key step for the clients, especially for embedding.

I have also been slowing moving forward on the LDAP test/performance
tool.  Again, this tool will provide protocol testing and performance
metrics using the line protocol talking to any LDAP server.

Jeff