directory-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [naming] Commons sources imported
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 07:17:06 GMT

Am working to get it all out :)

Installing svn on OS X through fink failed with errors in tcltk, svn under
fink has an evil list of dependencies, ruby, python, tcltk... This is
doubly a pain as half of them are already installed on OS X anyway.

I've also had problems installing svn-server under Linux, the same problem
repeatedly on different machines, so I'll try just svn-client under Linux.

As svn provides what cvs does with new features, it still seems to me that
backwards compatibility with cvs clients would have been possible. Or that
someone could write a proxy server that translates cvs commands to svn
commands, with a flag to tell svn to reply in a cvs format way.

Hen