directory-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [general] jars, dlls in CVS
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2003 20:47:01 GMT

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Peter Donald wrote:

> > > Here this stuff will slowly make its way out of the
> > > repo as we switch some existing ant builds over to
> > > maven.
> >
> > Thanks.  Are you sure that all of these jars are OK to distribute?
>
> Some are NOT and should not be in Apaches repos. In particular the oracle
> classes*.jarand snacc jar can not be distributed.

Agreed. Make sure when you remove them, that they are forcibly deleted on
the machine and not just cvs remove'd. I imagine the sqlserver jar is also
bad.

What are the rules on dll distribution? I assume many of those we cannot
do, including cygwin which I assume is GPL.

Basicallly everything Phil lists should be forcibly deleted from
minotaur's CVS repo. Good catch Phil.

Hen