directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [eve] Event Manager
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 22:25:01 GMT
> I really like the Event Notifier Pattern.  May I take a stab at this?

FWIW, I like it to ... which is why I wrote an implementation of the CORBA
COS Event Service years ago in C++.  Also, Vince pointed to one, which
assuming that the license is compatible, would be at least a start.

> The Event Manager will establish a queue for the events.  I'm thinking one
> queue is fine, just like in the pattern, although there may be a benefit
> using multiple queues ( one for every event type ), please comment.

An Event Channel, to use COS Event Service terms, manages a particular set
of registered suppliers and consumers.  Both pull and push processing are
supported for both suppliers and consumers.  How you do that is up to you,
but I found it useful to maintain a queue for each pull consumer.

	--- Noel