directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [naming] Commons sources imported
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 01:17:57 GMT

> > at work I like to have a HEAD/<module>
> > rather than <module>/HEAD.

trunk/<module> makes sense if you have multiple related modules.  Greg
explained that you put the TTB wherever you want to versioned release
package.  Everything under them would be versioned together.

> > my first thought is that 'core' is a bad name to choose.

> I am not sure that the division is right

The beauty of Subversion is that this is just an svn mv away.  :-)

> I am starting to have angst about having used the package
> names "org.apache.directory.naming" instead of just
> "org.apache.naming."  What is your opinion on this?

I think that org.apache.naming is appropriate.  The Foundation's project
hierarchy need not be exposed in a package name.  James has always had
org.apache.james and org.apache.mailet, for example.

The real concern would be any conflict with Tomcat's code.  Ideally they
should be getting the code from us, and not maintaining their own version,
but that is not the case at the moment.

	--- Noel