directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [eve] Event Manager
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 04:43:13 GMT
> In the beginning I thought it was do-able since the project uses
> the Apache license and all the members were Apache people or about
> to be Apache people but I should stop presuming things.

Actually, I read Brian's message as saying that because they used the Apache
license without changing the name, we could use it.  Also, if all of the
people had signed CLAs (or do sign), we'd be fine, too.  The exposure would
be from someone who contributed code without a CLA, and then decides to
complain later.  As Brian said:

> Therefore: if the license on d-haven really is either the Apache License
> or a name-replaced equivalent, it is not mandatory to get CLAs from every
> contributor.  It is *preferred* that we get those, so as to provide a
> second layer of defense should anyone make noise about it.

So your example above would allow re-use.

	--- Noel