directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Directory IRC channel on irc.freenode.net
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 16:21:22 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Paul Bonkowski wrote:
> I agree with Nicola on the logging. But if we do log the very most
> we should keep the log as archive only not posted.  On the chance
> that something we need happens on the channel.

> Mine was just a suggestion, not a policy.
> In any case, logging but not publishing the logs on a website (or at
> least not linking ir referencing them) should be just fine.

If we have logging, for which there seems a consensus, we must let people
know when they enter the room.  As for what we do with the logs, we don't
seem to have a consensus there, yet.  If they aren't on the web site or
posted to the mailing list, where and how do you propose to make them
available?

	--- Noel