directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: CVS History Lost?
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2003 04:43:55 GMT
Jeff,

> What are you guys using as a client?  I just ran the svn log command
> from the linux command line and it looks like the history is there.

I was using ViewCVS, which is why I had cc'd Greg (the author).  I checked
with Alex, who I thought was using svn on linux (but I could be wrong), and
when he said that he didn't see it either using his subversion client, we
thought we'd better check.  Glad that it seems to be a client-based false
alarm.  :-)

I just installed the latest TortoiseSVN client on my laptop (I need to also
update my linux systems, but I'm going to update to fedora as well), and I
can see CVS history, which is good.  Lots and lots of history, using the
repository browser.

Looking at JdbmModuleTest.java, for example, I get history for that file
back to Jan 23, 2003.  However,
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/directory/ldap/trunk/modjdbm-tes
t/src/java/org/apache/ldap/server/backend/jdbm/JdbmModuleTest.java?root=Apac
he-SVN shows no history before Dec 3.

	--- Noel