directory-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Tence <vte...@pyxis-tech.com>
Subject RE: Introducing myself
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:02:18 GMT
> Hi Vincent,
>
> Welcome aboard!  I am also interested in these things.  I lost
> the earlier
> sf thread on AAA and I would like to come up to speed on this framework.
> Can you post some links describing both the technical structure and the
> integration model / philosophy.

This framework is based on the work done by the aaa4avalon projet at sf.
The guys at aaa4avalon are all a bit busy and they can't find the time
to work on the project anymore. So after talking wih them, we decided it
would be better easier for me to start a new project and hopefully merge
back at some point. I have attached a diagram from the original project
that shows the general idea.

> Is this framework compatible with XACML,
> SAML and/or Liberty?

Not XACML or SAML compatible at that point. The initial idea is to have a
set
of reusable components for AAA and then provide integration layers to
existing
standards. I'm not quite there yet ;-)

<snip/>

> I think that it is important that
> whatever we implement, we try to keep it standards-based and, as much as
> possible, platform and language independent.  Could be we are talking
> about different things here.  On the other hand, it could be that we can
> find one solution that meets both needs (external, standards-based,
> platform-independent identity/authentication/authorization service +
> Avalon/J2EE container embedded provider).  Kind of like Eve is doing for
> ldap ;-)

That's the holy grail I'm looking for as well.

- Vincent