directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [naming] Commons sources imported
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 00:36:17 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:

> naming appears to be a separate module as such in cvs parlance in that the
> trunk/tags/branches go inside naming and not inside directory. Not a
> problem for Apache repo's, but at work I like to have a HEAD/<module>
> rather than <module>/HEAD.

I was just imitating the examples in the svn docs, and the way that the
ldap module is set up.

> Looking in naming, the first look I've reallly done since Phil shifted
> things around, my first thought is that 'core' is a bad name to choose.
> Too many Unix-C issues, but not a biggy.

Agreed.  Any other suggestions?  Also, I am not sure that the division is
right -- esp. the location of the resources classes. Pls review and comment.

One more thing.  I am starting to have angst about having used the package
names "org.apache.directory.naming" instead of just "org.apache.naming."
What is your opinion on this?

Phil