directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [ann] simple-jndi
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2003 21:18:41 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:
> I'm not trying to push this or anything for Directory, but I thought I'd
> mention it as it's my reason for being interested in JNDI things.
>
> I pushed out a 0.7 release of simple-jndi yesterday and put work into
> making the website a lot nicer to use than the Maven default.
>
> http://www.osjava.org/simple-jndi/
>
> Hen

We should discuss seriously the options around merging this stuff into
[naming].  I will add some more docs for the tomcat-derived stuff and we
can think about this strategically.  There are several sets of needs here
and we should start discussing the use cases (standalone apps, containers,
LDAP JNDI, etc.) and choose the best impl for each.  Lets review the code
bases and discuss.

Phil