directory-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <P...@ThoughtWorks.net>
Subject SPAM[RBL] Re: SystemBackend.java Picoification
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 09:22:32 GMT
Stephen,

>> I like the style I have done as it reduces the jar bloat of a for
>> users of teh frameworks in question.  For example, Pico users would
>> not like to see avalon-framework.jar as a requirement for using
>> directory/ldapd
>

> This is a function of the container - for example, Merlin users don't
> see avalon or merlin - they see services.

No sorry, I don;t understand. Could you elaborate a little.  I am
talking of using  a directry component directly, without container (that
Pico facilitatates) :

  class Foo {
    public static void main(string[] args) {
       Backend be = new PicoStyleDirectoryBackend( . . . . );
        be.doSomething().
    }
  }

I'd rather not have Avalon-framework jars in the classpath (or those
from merlin or phoenx, or loom etc).

- Paul

--
http://www.thoughtworks.com -> The art of heavy lifting.
Home for many Agile practicing, Open Source activists...