directory-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Directory IRC channel on irc.freenode.net
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:00:02 GMT

Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> My point was that when those discussions happen, the e-mailed logs
> will provide a means for others to see what was said.

Exactly why I think logs should not take place. Others should not be
able to see what was said at all. If others not on IRC have to know, it
has to be said on the mailing list.

Not having a log makes it clear for those talking there that there will
be no other mean whatsoever for others to know what was said, except
posting a summary on the list.

Note though that this particular point about not having logs is just
MHO, not a policy. The policy is that discussion must happen on the
lists, and I know we agree on that.

Sorry for confusing the two in a single mail, as it seemed that I was
disagreeing with you in toto, which is not the case.

> If there is a problem with IRC abuse, people will see it, and can
> police it.

+1

             - verba volant, scripta manent -