directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <>
Subject Re: RE: CVS History Lost?
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
I was also expecting to see history with view CVS.  And I thought
I could see the history of changes as versions as well.  I did not
think history was just the log only.  Once I used svn log I saw
all my log history but I don't think I can get to the revisions
that correspond to the log message first since CVS numbers do not
correlate to SVN rev numbers and secondly I don't think prior
revs were checked.

Anyway it does not matter to me for now.  I'm happy if we have
the log info or don't.

> From: "Noel J. Bergman" <>
> Date: 2003/12/24 Wed AM 12:35:07 EST
> To: "Apache Directory Developers List" <>
> Subject: RE: CVS History Lost?
> > I was using ViewCVS, which is why I had cc'd Greg (the author).
> OK, I've just been told that this is a known bug in ViewCVS.  It cannot
> follow a move/copy operation.
> Still not sure why Alex wasn't seeing history, but now I know why I
> couldn't.
> 	--- Noel

View raw message