directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: RE: [vote] Eve: LDAP Server Name (Was Logo)
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 16:45:38 GMT

> From: "Noel J. Bergman" <noel@devtech.com>
> Wes McKean wrote:
> > I honestly thought "Eve" was a technology branch or version of our LDAP
> > server, and not the actual name of the project itself.
>
> Same here.

Yes the new architecture for the server is the Eve architecture.
However the ldapd folks pre-incubator had discussed the ldapd
confusion with the deceased OpenLDAP X.500 LDAP frontend which
is called ldapd.  So we basically want to call the server Eve'
similar to the way the email server is called James.

Anyway I think Noel is the only one with a slight reservation
about using the name Eve.  We have a +1 from the following folks

Wes
Robb
Jeff
Alex (me)
Phil
Steve

Noel with your blessing let's stick to Eve for now.  If we
find a better name let's take a revote.  I and others
love Eve, however I think we're all open to change.  I want
you to be cool with it for the interim even though we have
the votes.  Again I love the name and would be disappointed
to see it go, but I don't want it to bother anyone on the
team.  The team comes first and you helped get us here so
you have my respect.  What do you say?  Let's lay this to rest
and resusitate if and when a better option comes along.

Alex