directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Machols <jmach...@comcast.net>
Subject [Eve] Subversion Repo
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 22:15:35 GMT
The subversion repository is up and ready! The URI is
http://cvs.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/directory/ldap.  To do the
initial checkout, run
$ svn co http://cvs.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/directory/ldap

Again, the source directories and package names have changed from ldapd
to org/apache/ldap.  So there may be some issues with compiles, but I
think Alex has most of the issues resolved.

Before you do the checkin, you will need to add yourself to the
committers list, by logging into cvs.apache.org and running
$ ~noel/htpasswd /x1/svn/asf-committers username

Then enter the password to use for this.  Do not make it the same as
your account.  You will also need to send an e-mail to
infrastructure@apache.org and ask them to add your ID to the
asf-authorization file for the directory subversion project.

If you are running on linux, you can create an alias for the commit
command that contains your username and password.  Also be sure to set
your environment variable EDITOR to your favorite editor.
$ alias commit='svn commit --username username --password password'

If you want to use subversion on windows, you can get tortoise:
http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/.  This will install an extension on your
Windows Explorer right-click menu drop-down.

There is also a plug-in for eclipse: http://subclipse.tigris.org/, but
this is only for the windows distribution, a linux one is planned, but I
am not sure about the time frame

Let me know if there are any subversion questions.  Keep in mind I am
not an expert on this, yet ;).  If we really stuck we can go to the
infrastructure group, they have been extremely helpful in the setup.

- Jeff