directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Imel" <mi...@imelshire.com>
Subject RE: [eve] A Buffer Pool (of direct mapped buffers)
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 04:45:22 GMT

>So in a way ironically we're imposing buffer management in
>a garbage collected language :-) to get better performance.

>Thoughts?

I write Enterprise portals in java that have massive RASUI
requirements... Reliability, Availability, Scalability, etc... Your
typical enterprise Uptime requirements.  One of the most important ways
we accomplish this is by pooling buffers, and data structures... Of
course, we have optimized ways of checking out and checking in the
objects (Per Thread pools), but I 100% agree with your statement above.