directory-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <>
Subject Re: [naming] Another memory jndi impl
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 18:31:18 GMT

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Go for it. The reasons it's in "compat" is that its basically
> out-of-scope with respect to Avalon's charter.  However, we need this
> sort of stuff with respect to service publication.  The best solution
> for Avalon is for development and maintenance of a JNDI provider by
> another Apache group that we use as a dependency with respect to our
> container work.

So it looks like a typical Commons-like task.

We've got Tomcat's Naming stuff in Commons at the moment, though I still
need to figure out how to actually use it configuration wise.

So the obvious solution is to see if the Avalon and Tomcat versions are
mergeable, and place this is in Directory.

View raw message