directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Logo
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2003 15:58:51 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> > Personally, Eve isn't my favorite name for the ldap server, but that's
> > just my view.  If you are going with the Garden of Eden reference, go
> > straight for the Tree of Knowledge imagery.

> Oh I like that - the Tree of Knowledge is perfect in terms of imagery.  I
> understand that you may not have a preference for the name Eve but do you
> think there may be political issues as with the Geronimo name?

I don't know of any political issues, although some people might not view
Eve and the Tree of Knowledge thing favorably (getting kicked out of Eden).
I've found another reference, but I don't know that it would be confusing:

  http://www.aramedia.com/bishaieve.htm

Phil asked "What's wrong with "Apache Directory" for the project and "Apache
Directory Server" for the server?"  The project *is* the Apache Directory
project.  The server could be simply the Apache Directory Server.  I really
do like the Tree of Knowledge alliteration, so I'd want to use that in our
imagery, regardless of whether we use Eve as a public name, or just for
insiders.

	--- Noel