directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Re: [vote] Bonkowski @ Source Forge
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 05:01:30 GMT
> Just to clarify for those wondering, we will be following the
> Apache rules to add Mr. Bonkowski to the project as a committer
> on the incubator project.  Voting +1 to his access to the
> sf.net repo does not make him a committer on the incubator project.

> Right now we're adding him to the committer's list at the sf.net
> project so he can interface better with us.  As usual after some
> time to have significant interaction with the group we can take a
> vote to add him to the incubator project.

> Noel and Steve please correct me if I'm wrong.

I am not a big fan of going outside of a project's infrastructure.  What I
would normally like to see is some contribution sent as patches, which can
be approved and committed by the Committers.  Since the project hasn't moved
into SVN, yet, if you want to have him help out on the SF CVS while we prep
the move, that's fine with me.  Also, my understanding is that since the
project is under incubation, we do encourage the project to grow its
Community expeditiously.

And let me point out that one of the nice features of Subversion is that
when people are satisfied that they want him to have commit access to the
web site, we can control access to that portion of the repository in a fine
grained manner.

	--- Noel