directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Rethink Subversion
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:14:59 GMT
+1 from me, too.  And I say that knowing full well that we will have some
growing pains with Subversion.

I am cc'ing Greg and the infrastructure folks to give them a heads up that
we may need some help ASAP to get started, if no one objects to using
Subversion.

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Machols [mailto:jmachols@comcast.net]
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 13:10
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Rethink Subversion

Guys,

I know we talked about this before, but I think we should think about
using subversion instead of CVS for the directory project.  The benefits
are becoming apparent now.  Right off the bat it will help with the
migration from source forge, plus the advantages of the Meta-data and
atomic check-ins.  I know there may be a small learning curve, but I
would rather do this now when we are changing infrastructure anyway,
than have to go through this in the future when we are worried more
important things: the releases, code, etc.

So I am a +1 to use Subversion instead of CVS.

Jeff