directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <bpor...@f2network.com.au>
Subject Maven and gump WAS: Rethink Subversion
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 21:28:02 GMT
> > In general you'll also need to generate a vanilla Ant build file as
> > Gump doesn't support Maven natively (yet?).  Watch out for absolute
> > paths both inside the Maven generated descriptor and the Ant build
> > file, that sometimes get generated by "maven ant".
>
> Good to know!

The Maven-generated ant build files can still be a little limiting compared
to Maven itself unfortunately. It might be better to either find out the
effort involved to get Maven running under gump, or have ant run maven via
an exec task (same limitations apply?)

As far as absolute paths turning up in the ant build file, I believe that
has been fixed in the latest release of the ant plugin.

Anyway, I'll put my hand up to contribute in this area going forward.

Cheers,
Brett