directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: SVN repository
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 02:28:43 GMT
Brett Porter wrote:
>  > With that in mind, pls have a look at the naming stuff.  I just
>  > repackaged/renamed the commons sources and made some slight
>  > changes to the
>  > xdocs. It builds fine for me and hopefully I did not screw
>  > anything up in
>  > the svn adds.
>  >

> Phil,
>
> I actually have a bugfix to commit for commons-naming that I just
> discovered. How does this affect your SVN testing? Perhaps I can try out
> applying it to the apache SVN repo as well to see how it goes.
>
> Cheers,
> Brett

Probably should apply it to commons-naming first, then try Subversion if
you like.  I have the conversion scripted, so it will not be a problem for
me to move changes over. Please have a look at what is in Subversion now,
however, to make sure that I did not miss anything.

I made no attempt at preserving CVS history when I added files to
subversion. There is not much to preserve, so I don't see this as a big
deal.  If others feel differently, I could try to get the cvs2svn stuff to
work and redo it when we are ready to move to the permanent repo.

Phil