directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [naming] Another memory jndi impl
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:35:54 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Phil Steitz wrote:
>

>>I even got this to work to configure a mail session:
>>
>><resource name="mail/Session" type="javax.mail.Session">
>>   <parameter>
>>     <name>mail.smtp.host</name>
>>     <value>localhost</value>
>>   </parameter>
>></resource>
>>initCtx = new InitialContext();
>>envCtx = (Context) initCtx.lookup("java:comp/env");
>>session = (Session) envCtx.lookup("mail/Session");
>

> I'd appreciate a simple how-to for starting with Naming in this way. Or
> rather, it'd save me a little thinking time and more importantly give us
> an initial set of documentation :)

OK.  I will put something into the xdocs describing both XMLConfigurator
and direct usage.  The current XMLConfigurator is geared toward JNDI
Resources, declared pretty much the same way that tomcat does in
server.xml.  What we need to think about (no avoiding this :-) is what
makes sense in the general case, absent the concepts of resources,
factories and parameters.

Phil