directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [naming] Another memory jndi impl
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 01:05:45 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Henry,
>
> Yep looks like we have a solid plan.  Also (gradually) I will look into
> moving some of the naming related stuff that is not LDAP specific into
> the naming region out of the ldap commons area.
>
> Alex
>

>>On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Stephen McConnell wrote:
>>

>>>Go for it. The reasons it's in "compat" is that its basically
>>>out-of-scope with respect to Avalon's charter.  However, we need this
>>>sort of stuff with respect to service publication.  The best solution
>>>for Avalon is for development and maintenance of a JNDI provider by
>>>another Apache group that we use as a dependency with respect to our
>>>container work.
>>
>>So it looks like a typical Commons-like task.
>>
>>We've got Tomcat's Naming stuff in Commons at the moment, though I still
>>need to figure out how to actually use it configuration wise.
>>
>>So the obvious solution is to see if the Avalon and Tomcat versions are
>>mergeable, and place this is in Directory.
>>
>>Hen

I was in the process of repackaging the commons naming code for
inclusion in the Directory project.  I will have a look at the Avalon
stuff, but if its OK with everyone, I would prefer to get the commons
code into Subversion (under /naming) ASAP.  I should have the
repackaging (maybe a little refactoring) and some more tests done this
weekend some time. I know that Brett has been working on XML config.

Are we ready to start putting stuff into the repo?  I haven't yet tried
to play with Subversion, but from the docs it looks like this will be
fun ;-)

Phil