directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Logo
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 00:34:35 GMT

Paul J.Bonkowski wrote:

>>>I am working on a logo for the web site (eve related..Fig leaf and that).

>>>The basic web site should be zipped and out for suggestions by Monday at the latest.
>>>Please send me any thoughts for what you would like to see in the initial release.
>>>Thanks and cheers to All.
>>>

>>Are you using Maven to generate the site.  If yes - there are a bunch of
>>things that I could help with.
>>
>>Stephen.
>>

>I have the draft site created in forrest at the moment, but I think maven would be a good
ending point to leverage the power and flexiblity when we really start getting the docs moving.
But the initial site as we work out the directory structure was easiest in forrest. Your thoughts?

My preference would by to use Maven.

Basically Forrest is more powerful.  Maven is brain dead easy but the
underlying engine is not as functional.  Over on Avalon it was a RPITA
to keep the Forrest content live.  We recently switched over to Maven
based builds for everything (not a small exercise).  The end result is
simply that we (Avalon) have re-gained the ability to maintain the site.

Cheers, Steve.