directory-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven and gump WAS: Rethink Subversion
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:21:59 GMT

<ccing to gump ml>

Brett Porter wrote:
>  > > In general you'll also need to generate a vanilla Ant build file as
>  > > Gump doesn't support Maven natively (yet?).  Watch out for absolute
>  > > paths both inside the Maven generated descriptor and the Ant build
>  > > file, that sometimes get generated by "maven ant".
>  >
>  > Good to know!
>
> The Maven-generated ant build files can still be a little limiting
> compared to Maven itself unfortunately. It might be better to either
> find out the effort involved to get Maven running under gump, or have
> ant run maven via an exec task (same limitations apply?)
>
> As far as absolute paths turning up in the ant build file, I believe
> that has been fixed in the latest release of the ant plugin.
>
> Anyway, I'll put my hand up to contribute in this area going forward.

It would be *really* great in having Gump use Maven directly for builds.
Currently a refactoring of Gump made in Python is almost ready and works
like a charm, so help there is appreciated.

In any case, here are the major issues to be solved:

1 - Maven needs to be given the jars by Gump and not download them
2 - Gump needs to understand the Maven descriptor

That's all IIUC.

If you are knowledgeable of Maven and want to help, pop into
gump@jakarta.apache.org and we'll see that your efforts can be made to
good use :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -