directory-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Bonkowski @ Source Forge
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:29:58 GMT

Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>>Just to clarify for those wondering, we will be following the
>>Apache rules to add Mr. Bonkowski to the project as a committer
>>on the incubator project.  Voting +1 to his access to the
>>sf.net repo does not make him a committer on the incubator project.
>
>>Right now we're adding him to the committer's list at the sf.net
>>project so he can interface better with us.  As usual after some
>>time to have significant interaction with the group we can take a
>>vote to add him to the incubator project.
>
>>Noel and Steve please correct me if I'm wrong.
>

> I am not a big fan of going outside of a project's infrastructure.

I'm puzzled... I thought that development on SF was frozen and that we
would have a tarball of the CVS with checksums and project donation
signed by all original contributors. Where is the code now?

Also, please remember that only the original authors of a certain piece
of code can check it in CVS, unless there is a signed agreement by all
the contributors in donating it to Apache.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -