directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: CVS layout
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 01:33:32 GMT
Jeff Machols wrote:
 > The eve toplevel will probably need to look something like this
 > (starting from directory module)
 >

 > directory
 >
 >             ldap(eve)
 >
 >                         server
 >
 >                         backend
 >
 >                         client
 >
 >                         common
 >

 > The first question is where the sandbox(s) go.  Do we have one large
 > sandbox that replicates the eve top level, or do they sit inside the
 > individual sub-directories?

 > By looking around at some of the other
 > projects, it seems the layout would be something like this
 >

 > directory
 >
 > |_______ldap
 >
 >             |_______server
 >
 >             |           |_______src
 >
 >             |           |           |_______java
 >
 >             |           |           |           |_______org
 >
 >             |           |           |                       |_______...
 >
 >             |           |           |______ test
 >
 >             |           |           |           |______ org
 >
 >             |           |           |                       |_______...
 >
 >             |           |           |

 > |           |           |_______conf
 >
 >             |           |

 > |           |______ docs

 >             |______backend
 >
 >                                     ?

Assuming that we want to be able to build and jar the main pieces
separately and we are going to use maven to do the builds, the structure
above will probably be easiest (I don't know the code base well enough to
know if the top level packages are the best they can be -- I just mean the
src/test tree structure).

Any ideas where the naming stuff should go?  Same level as ldap?

Phil