directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject RE: [vote] Eve: LDAP Server Name (Was Logo)
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:04:58 GMT
> For those of us joining the name party late: is Eve a play on ADAM
> (Active Directory Application Mode)? That's what I figured it for ...
>
> - Matt

Partly yes, that was what I meant by ADAM which actually is AD/AM I think
but don't quote me on that.  Other reasons also have to do with the fact
that the server is the first of its kind in several respects.  LDAP
servers of the past never considered things like stored procedures and
triggers, nor were they based on Java and SEDA.  The combination of features
in Eve make it unique but still a compliant LDAP (version 3) server.

Alex