directory-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Rethink Subversion
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:12:30 GMT
On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 09:34:11PM -0500, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > > I can't find anything in <http://cvs.apache.org/repos/asf/>
> > > that looks like the directory project yet.
>
> > Oh no we just took a vote for it - that's all.  I think we have some
> > time until we actually get hooked up.
>
> If we can use the current Subversion infrastructure, we can be hooked up
> almost immediately.

Yup. Just need an htpasswd line or a cleartext password (to be encoded).
That'll go into the appropriate file.

> If no one else gets to it (I won't be online until
> about 5 hours after writing this) I should have sufficient karma to do it,
> although I'd run the config changes through infrastructure@ to make sure I
> have them right.

I dropped some notes in minotaur:/x1/svn/README

Any committer can add themselves to the authn file. Only cvsadmin people
can adjust the authorization rules. (i.e. set up with the same people as
CVSROOT/avail)

> While our tarball is massaged into shape to import, I can setup everyone so
> that they can try the test repository.

This has no authz on it, so adding to asf-committers is sufficient.

> That will give everyone a chance to
> learn how to use Subversion.  Any questions should be mailed to
> infrastructure@, unless they want them send to the subversion mailing list
> on tigris instead.  There is also a Subversion channel on Freenode.

To be clear:

* questions about the installation at the ASF: infrastructure@apache.org

* questions about using Subversion: users@subversion.tigris.org

  self-help using the Subversion Book: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/