directory-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: Rethink Subversion
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:08:55 GMT
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:02 am, Jeff Machols wrote:
> I will probably only do this with one or two of the root level
> directories.  Once it looks like everything works, we will do a code
> freeze, and run the process for the entire CVS tarball, and bring the
> new subversion repo in.

Wouldn't it be better to do the whole thing in one shebang with a code freeze
while you do it. That way there is no chance that there will be wasted effort
(ie doing diffs between two codebases etc). If you get everyone focused on
getting the code into shape then it should not take too long.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"All my life I wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more
specific."
-- Jane Wagner