directory-dev mailing list archives

From <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Server Side NIO: Completed
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 20:42:19 GMT
Great! You checked it in right? I'll try to take a look soon.

> When an input operation is completed, the decoder must make a call into the
> InputManager to reRegister the socket channel for READ operations.  This
> establishishes a dependancy between the InputManager and the Decoder.  In the
> case of a close on the SocketChannel, while it is waiting on a READ, the
> decoder gets a READ event, which results in an IOException, wrapped in an
> ASN1Exception, which causes the decoder to make a call into the ClientManager
> to remove the client key and socket channel from the lists it is managing.
> This establishes a dependancy between the decoder and the ClientManager.  I
> *think* I can move the code that handles the closing of the connection into
> the InputManager, since it can intercept the DecoderException thrown from the
> code handling the ASN1Exception.  If anyone knows or can think of a better
> way to handle this, then please comment.

Give me a chance to look at the code later this evening to be able to give you a more informed
opinion.

> The question is:
>
> What to do with the code now that it is finished and tested?  Do we want to
> wait until the software is uploaded into the incubator, or do you want me to
> go ahead and upload the completed changes to Source Forge?

This answers my question above.  For the time being until I get the structure of the sandbox1
clearly established lets continue to use the sf.net sandboxes.  What I will try to do is look
at reorganizing the sandbox1 subprojects and import them into the incubator on the agreed
upon structure for the overall project.  Now your stuff is all for phoenix.  Now your job
(and a good one at that) is to migrate it over to merlin (just for the front end).  We can
start bringing eve together.  You work it from the front end and I the backend.  We'll meet
in the middle.  So as you migrate to merlin start moving the code to the incubator.  Now this
my opion really what do u think about the path?

Alex